11 July 2009

neocon 2009

some photographs from this year's NEOCON furniture fair in beautiful downtown Chicago. this was my third year attending... i'm starting to get familiar with a lot of the furniture, so there wasn't much surprising for me this year.

definite highlight of the show: my stacking solution! this little plastic bumper, on the bottom of Haworth's Very Wire Stacker, took up the majority of my time at my internship at Haworth last summer. fun to see it real.

favorite chair from the show: Herman Miller's Setu. comfortable, flexible, constant seating surface: beautiful and functional plastic chassis. simple construction. really excellent.

i think this natural pattern, this idea, is finally on its way out.

it's not a movement, it's an abomination.

cool fabric at the show. from a distance, the print looks like clouds, but up close, it's a matrix of hundreds of different, colorful shapes. very cool stuff. very curious how the artist made the print, manually or through some computer algorithm...

2 comments:

Andrew said...

herman. miller. omg.

Unknown said...

I agree, That's an Ass-ugly orange chair. I think I would hurt just looking at my desk. bah! Does it feel like crap too?

I have the joy of sitting in a Herman Miller Aeron chair during my 8 hour daily desk stints. The Setu looks very comfortable, I like the design too... I'd have to try the Aeron side-by-side to see how it feels.

I have my seating issues (being 6'4"), but... we'll see, someday they'll make a chair for me :)